I wanted to try out some ideas and decided to make a sample book. These are the first pages incorporating a Tag Folder and an Envelope pocket with additions tags etc. There are various techniques used. I was simply trying to get the idea of techniques. It’s a great way to refine ideas and thoughts too. I also tried to incorporate my own work into the layouts.
Page 1 & 2
Map Page 1
- The background is Steampunk Wrapping Paper and decorated with Washi Tape, Book pages and ephemera from Tim Holtz.
- A small tag with a pocket inked with more detail a circle & butterfly.
- A tag with two Circles to give room for a folded tag with pockets.
- Lots of little ephemera & stamps added including a folder map.
- Tickets created from Tim Holtz stamps & Dies.
Map Page 2
- The Map theme continued with washing tape & printed pages.
- I added an envelope tp the page and decorated that before I added it.
- The Envelope contained a little map wallet for stamps and tickets with a little envelope charm to finish it off.
- Behind the envelope there a pocket, paper matching the doubled tag from the other page. (keys)
- The photo tag background is gel plate printed and stamped.
- lots of little touches to give it the final look.
Page 3 & 4
Nature Page 3
- The backdrop is Victorian style in browns.
- Decorated mainly with Washi Tape from my stash.
- Added a pocket in opposing pattern to the backdrop adding ribbon to tie in with the opposite page. .
- A tiny tuck spot for a tiny envelope containing eggs.
- The Tag is printed with a gel plate adding one of my nest images & a feather for a finishing touch.
- A little egg clip to finish and a definition of Egg form an encyclopedia.
- The back has a thick washi tape with text & a pattern.
Nature Page 4
- Continued the backdrop is Victorian style in browns.
- Decorated with washi Tape, definition nd book page strips.
- The Wallet is made from a craft sheet. and decorated with stamps.
- Ribbons used to hold in the wallet.
- Inside the wallet theres pockets of collections of treasures.
Page 5 & 6
Communication Page 6
- Book Pages and note book list pages to match the other page as a backdrop.
- Glued two pages together to create a pocket to put one of my London Images.
- The pocket added and decorated with similar items from the backdrop.
- additions to add interest as the metal clock a stamp and a raffle ticket.
- Blank Postcard and a postcard with one of my London images on and typewriter tag.
- The typewriter tag is created from a stamp and is repeated on the other side.
Page 7 & 8
Natural History Museum Page 7
- The backdrop on this page is an image I took at an old building and I thought it matched the theme.
- a drawer table in metal added texture and theme.
- Adding a definition Page to add detail.
- A small pocket stuck down with draft excluder to give depth.
- Detail is a brad and a number to give relevance to the packet.
- Ephemera 1 – a tag with lepidopterist definition and a key to add a highlight.
- Eyelet & Charm of mini binoculars to finish it off.
- Ephemera 2 – Larger tag with a mini note book & bright ladybird
- The reverse is a note sheet.
- Ephemera 3 -A Large slide mount with a bottle and centipede in.
- Ephemera 4 – Three small pockets with bugs etc inside.
Natural History Museum Page 8
- The backdrop on this page is encyclopaedia pages with slide mounts
- The glass bubbles are armed with a metal ring to illustrate a magnifying glass.
- A larger pocket for a drawer with metal trim to add a vintage feel.
- Ephemera 1 – Entomology tag with magnifier charm.
- Ephemera 2 – A Note Book
- Ephemera Slides in vellum packets. See Scrapbooking section.
- The finish touches really make a difference.
Page 9 & 10
1.This time I wanted to use my images and create journal page. The backdrops on both pages are inked and stamped pages.
3.The next layer is a split fold out from a craft paper. This is decorated with tag and cut out with butterflies. The flip back is stamped and a tag added.
5. I went for the rusty look for the next foldout. The charms and steampunk work well with this.
2.The first set to open is an my image from Fountains Abbey and a flip with one of my sailing boat images on.
4.the map fitted perfectly for the theme. A note from home and a picture to add a personal feel to the shot.
6.t Th least image is from a visit to see the tall ships at New Brighton. Using photo corners to place it in the box.